Career Assessment with FOCUS 2
FOCUS 2, PHSC's online career guidance system with self-paced career assessments and resources is designed for career development and exploration. PHSC also uses the system to assist students with the selection of a meta-major.
Create a FOCUS 2 Account
Below are directions to create a FOCUS 2 account and begin taking assessments.
Clickin Links on this Page to begin.
- Click "Register"
- First Time Users must enter the PHSC access code: imagine
- Complete the following assessments:
- My Career Planning Readiness
- My Academic Strengths
- Work Interest assessment
- Personality assessment
- Skills assessment
- Values assessment
- Leisure Interests assessment
- Use your results to explore possible careers and majors
- Select and print a Major Area of Study to discuss with an academic advisor
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to develop your course schedule
- Mandatory: Select a Top Choice Major
Select a Top Choice Major
Watch the video showing How to Select a Major and Top Choice or follow the instructions below:
- From the home screen, scroll down to "Explore the Possibilities" and click "Explore any Occupation"
- Click on an occupation of interest
- Scroll down to "Education Requirements" to see majors for this occupation
- View "Majors/Areas of Study at Pasco-Hernando State College and Other Common Majors/Areas of Study" and select your top preference.
- Click "Save this Major" to add to your "My Saved Majors" list.
- To explore other occupations, click "Back to Occupations"
- If complete, click on the "Home" icon
- Scroll to the bottom of the home page and click on the "My Saved Majors" icon
- Choose a major that appeals most to you and make it your "Top Choice"
Other Career Assessments
offers a free online planning tool to help students create a personalized plan that puts them on track to professional success. An extensive catalog of careers provides essential information about occupations, including educational requirements, salary, and job outlook.
Career Thoughts Inventory
The Career Thoughts Inventory (CTI) is a theory-based assessment and intervention resource intended to improve thinking in career problem solving and decision making. Schedule an appointment with your campus Career Services representative to take this assessment.
The Self-Directed Search is a career assessment and exploration tool based on John Hollands RIASEC career theory.
O*NET Career Exploration
are a set of self-directed career exploration/assessments to help workers consider and plan career options, preparation, and transitions more effectively. They also are designed for use by students who are exploring the school-to-work transition.
Additional career assessments are available in Career Services. For further information and assistance, contact Career Services at email@example.com